- Is collected by a private contractor, namely Fero Waste & Recycling Inc.
- Must be placed at the curb or roadside directly in front your property no earlier than 7 p.m. on the day before collection, and no later than 7 a.m. on the day of collection, and in a location that will not impede or block pedestrian and vehicular traffic.
- Must not be placed on snow banks or in a location where snow or ice has not been cleared.
- Will not be collected if it has not been sorted and placed in a bag other than a green, blue or clear transparent bag.
- For information on waste sorting, please visit Eco360's website: www.eco360.ca
- The maximum weight for the blue or green bags is 20 kg (44 lbs). Blue bags weighing more than 20 kg will not be collected.
- Date changes for Holidays:
Holidays affected by garbage collection: New Year's (January 1st), Remembrance Day (November 11th), and Christmas (December 25th)
For all other Holidays, garbage collection will take place the day of the Holiday.
- In the event of a storm, if there's any changes in the garbage pick-up, information will be posted on the website home page or on the Municipality's Facebook page.
New Mobile Eco-Depot Program
Thanks to Eco360’s new program, residents can now visit any Mobile Eco-Depot event to dispose of their household hazardous waste and bulky items, and not just the one closest to them or in their community.
Click here for the full calendar.
New Branch Collection Program
The Town of Shediac’s branch collection program provides year-round pick up of branches.
Apartment/condo complexes with more than 4 units, and commercial buildings are not included in the Town of Shediac branch collection service and therefore do not qualify for the Branch Collection Program.
Here are some rules to follow:
• The branches must be on your property, parallel to the street (or laid out with cut ends facing the street).
• The diameter of the branches shall not exceed 15 cm (6 inches).
• The number of branches is limited to what can be loaded in the box of a half-ton truck. The municipality may be contacted for additional quantities. Fees may apply in the case of additional quantities.
• It is preferable to avoid tying branches together, because they are picked up with a chipper.
• The service is offered up to twice (2) yearly to each household of four (4) units or fewer within municipal boundaries. It is strictly prohibited to place branches curbside on vacant land, or green municipal land.
• The following items will not be picked up: roots, tree trunks, branches longer than 15 cm in diameter (6 inches), vines or bamboo. These items can be dropped off at the Solid Waste Commission located at 100 Bill Slater Drive, Berry Mills, NB. (www.eco360.ca).
- The Town of Shediac follows the 3-Stream Program. The program involves the separation of recyclable waste, which is placed in transparent blue bags, organics waste, which is placed in transparent green bags and garbage, which is placed in transparent clear bags. To find out which bag in which to place your garbage, consult the website www.eco360ca. This site is managed by the Southeast regional service commission as this is the organisation responsible for managing the area’s solid waste.
- Special collection in the Spring: May 6-10, 2019
- Special collection in the Fall: September 30 - October 4, 2019
- A special collection is organized to collect larger items, such as furniture, household appliances, branches, etc. that are not picked up during normal collections.
- Regulations: :
- Residential construction materials are limited to what can be placed in the bed of a ½ ton truck, or in a container measuring 2.4m (8') by 1.8m (6') by 1m (3'). Excess materials will not be collected.
- Tree trunks and/or branches are limited to what can be placed in the bed of a ½ ton truck, or in a container measuring 2.4m (8') by 1.8m (6') by 1m (3'). Excess materials will not be collected. Branches must be tied together in bundles no longer than 1.2m (4').
Christmas tree collection
Christmas trees are collected on the two first Fridays of January. Residents can also bring their Christmas trees to the John Lyons Park parking lot, located at the corner of Centennial Street and Pleasant Street.
Collection of yard waste and leaves
Yard waste is collected on Fridays. The Friday collection is strictly reserved for yard waste (grass clippings, felting, leaves). Yard waste must be placed in a green transparent bag, weighing no more than 20 kg (44 lbs).
Avoid bagging! Did you know that grass clippings serve as an excellent fertilizer for your lawn? Think about it. Every bag spared from collection helps reduce the greenhouse gas emissions that we produce! Furthermore, why not try composting? Your children and grandchildren will thank you!