ADVISORY - WATER MAIN BREAK
Shediac, September 17, 2018 - As a result of a watermain break on Main Street, the Town of Shediac had to shut off the water service to users in the eastern section of the town. The affected area includes Main Street (from Pointe-du-Chêne Road to Gould Beach Road), Cartier St and Julia Ct. As a preventative measure, the Department of Health has ordered the Town of Shediac to notify users in the affected area to boil municipal water and recommend the following:
• Water should be brought to a rolling boil for one (1) minute;
• Any water to be ingested, for instance brushing teeth, making ice, water used in making coffee/tea or juice, and washing raw vegetables, should be boiled;
• People whose immune system is compromised e.g. the elderly, infants and people with transplanted organs, on dialysis, with HIV/AIDS, etc. should pay particular attention to the use of a safe source of drinking water. Water which has been properly boiled is considered a safe source.
• It is safe for people to take showers, bathe and use swimming pools.
• It is safe to wash dishes in hot water and soap, then air dry or use a dishwashing machine.
The general public will be advised of any changes to the boil order through the media and this website.
PUBLIC NOTICE - MUNICIPAL DEVELOPMENT PLAN
Public notice is hereby given that the Council of the Town of Shediac intends to consider an amendment to its By-Law P-14-36 entitled “Municipal Development Plan” in order to change the designation of the properties having the identification numbers 70144761 & 70340641 on the Land Use Map from Commercial (C) to Institutional Service (IS) in order to permit a nursing home.
A public presentation will take place at the Town Hall at 290 Main Street on Monday, September 24, 2018 at 6:30 p.m.
Objections to the proposed by-law may be made to Council within thirty (30) days from the date of the public presentation. Written objections may be forwarded to the Clerk of the Town of Shediac, 290 Main Street, Unit 300, Shediac, NB E4P 2E3.
Per: Gilles Belleau
By-Law No. P-14-36-4P
Public notice is hereby given that the Council of the Town of Shediac intends to amend the Zoning By-Law No. Z-14-44.
The purpose of the amendment to the Zoning By-Law is:
- to rezone the property bearing P.I.D 70624440, said property located on Avard Street from High Density Residential Zone (R3) to Low Density Residential Zone (R1) to permit the construction of a single-family dwelling.
The proposed amending by-law may be inspected by interested persons during regular office hours at the Clerk's office at the Shediac Town Hall from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. during business days and on the town’s website at www.shediac.ca.
Written objections to the proposed amendment will be considered by Council at a public meeting to be held on Monday, September 24, 2018 at 6:30 p.m. in Council Chambers at the Town Hall on Main Street in Shediac.
Objections shall be addressed to the Clerk of the Town of Shediac, 290 Main Street, Unit 300, Shediac, NB E4P 2E3 and shall be received no later than Friday, September 21, 2018 at 4:30 p.m. Any person wishing to speak for or against written objections is entitled to be heard.
By-Law No. Z-14-44-21Z